Friday 2 March 2012

2012.

After a bit of a break, I'm gearing up for new cycling adventures in 2012, so thought I'd better get back in the habit of writing about it - ready to document the next big trip.

Am getting quite excited about the possibility of another long ride (or two) - maybe through France again - and this time hopefully making it over the Alps.

Fitness is coming along nicely, but still a way to go. I'm getting back to where I was at the end of the Cannes trip, but I'd prefer to be a lot fitter at the start of my next trip.  Got a nice 55 miler in a week or two ago, and have done quite a lot of 20 mile runs/day.

A few fun technical bike projects coming together too.

Currently writing an article about my new dynamo hub, e-werk power, dynamo lighting, and iPhone setup.  Still a bit of work to do and add some photos.

The projects not quite complete as the first wheel I had built was sadly on a faulty dynamo hub, so my beautiful new first ever hand-built wheel had to be taken apart after just one day, and the whole thing's going to have to be rebuilt into my second hand-built wheel!  That's just unlucky - not much you can do about that.

But I did get to test it all out and see the dynamo lights work (in a fashion), and even charge the battery - even if it did come with a horrible vibrating of the wheel and bike, accompanied by a nasty vibrating noise.  Urgh.

I've decided to switch from the 3N80 to the T780.  They look almost the same technically, although the T780's newer, and it's black (which I like better).


No comments:

Post a Comment